May 10, 2017
A comprehensive lecture on meditation which provides:
- An overview of the Three Trainings as a meditative path to
- The practical steps to begin a meditation practice (posture,
relaxation, concentration) and tips to overcome common
obstacles in achieving them.
- The difference between concentration (samatha) and insight
(vipassana) practices, and how to intelligently combine them.
- What it means to have mindfulness (smrti) and apply
introspection (samprajanya) within meditation, with quotes from
- An overview of several practices to develop concentration and
- Recommended goals for a beginner of meditation.
It is highly recommended the
accompanying PDF is studied along with listening to the